Sorry to interrupt the travelogue but this post cannot wait.
The right honourable P. D. Kode pronounced the court’s verdict on 4 of the 123 accused who faced trial in the 1993 Mumbai Serial blasts case.
- 257 Dead
- 700 Injured
- 13 years and 6 months of trial
- 123 Accused
- 4 Convicted so far
- 4 Acquitted so far
- 686 Witnesses
- 13,000 pages of evidence
- 1 Court
- 1 Act (TADA)
Statistics pregnant with a lot of possibilities but have we learnt our lessons?
- Mumbai Riots – 1993
- Gujarat Riots – 2002
- Ongoing blasts in J and K
- Blasts in Varanasi – 2006
- Mumbai train serial blasts – 2006
- Malegoan serial blasts – 2006
- And these are just the milestones….
- Year 2056: Court to finally give verdict in the 2006 Mumbai trains serial blasts case…….